Laura S. PuhalaLPuhala@JaffeandAsher.com
Ms. Puhala joined Jaffe & Asher in 2019. She received her law degree from The George Washington University Law School in 1988 and her undergraduate degree from The Johns Hopkins University in 1985. She is a member of the New York Bar and is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York. She practiced in New York City in civil litigation and as a court attorney for the Honorable Louis B. York in the Civil Court of the City of New York.
Ms. Puhala stepped away to focus on her family and returned to the practice of law in 2014 after completing the New Directions for Attorneys Program at Pace University Law School. She focused on health care compliance and regulation with the New York State Attorney General’s Health Care Bureau and professional liability with a private law firm.
Ms. Puhala was an active member of the New York State Bar Association having served on the Lawyers in Transition Committee and in the Health Care Law Section. She is a member of the Federal Bar Council and the Ninth Judicial District Committee to Promote Gender Fairness in the Courts.College
- The Johns Hopkins University
- B.A. – 1985
- The George Washington University Law School
- J.D. – 1988
- Pace University Law School New Directions for Attorneys
- Certificate – 2014
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York